Best colors of dresses for brunette women: Our clothing is our cover letter. That is why it is important to know how to choose clothes that highlight our attributes, including skin color. If you are a brunette, your clothes can give you a spectacular look. You should only know the colors of dresses for brunettes that suit you best.
The best colors of dresses for brunettes
How to choose the best shades of dress? You just have to be clear about the visual effect of each color on your skin. The best colors will be those that make it look bright and contrast with your color.
It is a color that provides a youthful look and works on any occasion. Light or pastel shades are ideal for daytime events, while dark shades work very well to stand out at nighttime events. If your skin tone is warm with olive tones, choose a not very bright pink so you can take advantage of the natural shine of your skin.
It is a color that works very well for brunettes. It is vibrant, sensual, sexy, lively and eye-catching, while remaining elegant. No matter if it is day or night, you will be the center of attention with a dress in this color. For daytime events try to wear glossless dresses. For the night you can be more creative and wear dresses with glitter, embroidery, sequins …
This color looks great on brown skin: it’s cheerful, fun and makes you look fresh and youthful. On any occasion we suggest you use it with few accessories, since the color alone and the accessories you add are enough to stand out.
Although this is not a color that brunettes use a lot, it is an option that highlights this skin color if you choose well the shade of green that combines with you. In principle, you should know that the darker your skin, the better the bright and light greens will do. In addition, you must discover what is the background of your skin: look at the inside of your wrists and the color of your veins. If they look green, you are warm skinned. If you see them blue, your skin is cold. If your undercurrent is warm, with skin that is close to olive or yellow, then wear dresses from the light green range. If your undercurrent is cold, with blue or purple veins, then use dark greens.
It is a neutral color that will make you look elegant and chic at the same time. It is very versatile and, depending on the model and cut you choose, it works for day and night events. For example, if you wear a beige short dress you can combine it for different occasions:
In a contrasting color jacket (brown, red, green, blue) an afternoon gathering will be a perfect outfit.
When night falls, you take off your jacket, add shiny earrings and bracelets, you will have a stylish and striking look .
Although it is a cold tone, lilac is a color that attracts luminosity to the skin. It works great for light and dark brunettes, regardless of the color undertone of their skin. We suggest you use this color for daytime events, as it does not stand out at night.
It is not orange, it is not coral, it is not pink. Salmon is a soft color that highlights the hues of brown skin because it attracts luminosity to the skin while giving you a youthful, innocent and beautiful appearance. This color is best for daytime events as it stands out best in natural sunlight.
Although all the intense blues look good and elegant in dresses, cobalt is a shade that highlights the natural shine in brown skin. It is a very versatile color with which you will feel like a goddess. If you are looking for a day dress in this color, take care that the fabric does not have shine. For evening events, you can choose plain dresses and add accessories that complement the piece to look more elegant.
The black color is a classic that every girl, regardless of her skin color, should have in her wardrobe. Black is sober, elegant and stylizes your figure. Although it can be adapted for any occasion, it is an ideal option for evening events that require a lot of elegance. The first example is perfect for a night party, you can combine it with high shoes of almost any color (red, fuchsia, yellow, silver), an envelope type wallet and long earrings. A slightly more sober option, but just as elegant and chic: wear a thick belt, multi-colored bracelets and matching earrings, and you’ll have a look that works day and night.
Like black, the white color is a classic that is always a good option in any type of event. It is versatile, elegant, chic, modern and will give you a neat look. In addition, white generates a great contrast in brown skin, making your face and beauty stand out. Use this color in dresses with few accessories and slippers if you are looking for a casual look . For a formal event, pair it with nude day heels or vibrantly colored heels for evening occasions.
It is a color full of life that will give you a happy appearance, but we recommend it for night events, because it does not usually stand out at night. For daytime events you can combine this color with accessories, envelope wallets and white, beige, nude and even black, gold or silver shoes .
This palette of colors is very wide, it has tones that work very well with brown skin, because they blend with your natural tone of hair and skin. They give an elegant and chic look , they are versatile colors and easy to combine. If your skin is warm, avoid dresses with pink pigment and look for those with a yellow base. If your skin is cold, look for the earth bases: brown, chocolate, beige.
Colors of dresses for brunettes of 15 years
Are you looking for ideas to look spectacular at your quinceanera? Here we leave you some dress colors that will highlight your youth, bring joy to your look and make you feel like a queen on your day:
It is the color that highlights the brown skin par excellence. It will make you look sensual, daring and you will be the center of attention at your party. This option is perfect if you want a unique, original dress and you like to show off your body. As the corset skirt is separated, leave a space of your abdomen exposed. It is subtle and sexy. Do you want a mix between traditional and sexy? You can play with the neckline of your quinceanera dress. The next model is a great example: It has a plunging neckline, but heart-shaped, which limits the amount of exposed skin and keeps your shoulders covered.
This dress color not only enhances your brown skin, it also makes you look young, fun and happy. Combine with almost any theme you choose for your party.
It doesn’t matter if your skin is light or dark brown, yellow always makes you stand out from the crowd. It is a color that fills your skin with life, and gives a youthful and elegant appearance.
Clothing colors for light brown skin
We leave you in a short list how to use the clothing colors that favor all light brunettes, regardless of their skin background:
- Red: on jackets, shirts, flannels, cardigans , pants and even dresses. They will give a cheerful and sensual touch to your look .
- Black: You can wear it in skirts or pants and for formal events. If you want to maintain a youthful look , remove the black from your face.
- White: it will give you an angelic and youthful appearance. You can use it on any article of clothing at any event. Wear it on dresses, shirts, pants or skirts.
- Fuchsia: the intensity of this color helps you stand out and look whiter.
- Coral: For a youthful appearance, wear a shirt in this color and combine it with a white skirt for the day or black pants for the night, with shiny accessories and heels.
- Cobalt Blue: This color will help you enhance your appearance, whether you wear it in a beautiful dress or a pretty shirt. Enhance the olive tone on your skin.
- Metallic shades: they are perfect for going out at night.
Evening dresses for brunettes
Some color suggestions for evening dresses:
- Yellow: It is perfect if your skin is dark or you have a warm hue. Wear dresses in this color for evening events, proms, birthdays, or formal gatherings.
- Black: it is classic and elegant. If you add sparkle or color to it with accessories and shoes, your dress will do for any nighttime occasion. If it is a formal event, we suggest a sober look , only with earrings that highlight your face.
- Red: ideal if you want to stand out and be the star of the night. You can look for it in satin fabrics, with lace or glitter.
- Burgundy: it is a color that has become very fashionable: it is a mix between red and black. You will look sensual without drawing too much attention. It is perfect for weddings, quinceañera parties or formal events.
- Blue: it is an elegant and different color. You can choose between cobalt, indigo, lapis lazuli or sapphire.
Dress color for brunette skin
If your skin is warm and with an olive or yellow background we suggest you wear dresses in the following colors:
- White: it will highlight the luminosity on your skin, it will make you look young, fresh and angelic.
- Yellow: refreshing, energizing and invigorating.
- Red: it will make you look whiter, sensual and attractive.
- Blue: in all its shades, from pastels to the most intense ones such as indigo or cobalt.
- Black: perfect to look elegant if you combine it with accessories that give life to your outfit. If you don’t, your appearance could become very hard.
Dresses for youthful brunette skin
If you want to look young, stay away from black dresses, although they will make you look elegant and slim, they tend to toughen your features. Instead, you can opt for patterned or unicolour dresses. The palette that we recommend includes:
- White: It is a color by choice to look younger. You will have a clean, youthful, fresh and angelic appearance.
- Pastel shades: you will look young and fresh. You can play from lilac and pink, to light blue, green or yellow.
- Fuchsia: It is a cheerful, fun and somewhat playful color, which will give you a youthful appearance.
- Coral: This lively color is perfect for achieving that fresh look you are looking for so much.
- Mint green: you will dazzle anywhere you go, it is fresh, youthful and unique. It will soften your appearance and your features, and you will look elegant.
Colors for light brown skin
For warm light-skinned brunettes, we suggest the following colors:
- Earth colors with yellow base.
- All shades of green.
- Deep blue, cobalt, indigo, dark.
If you are a light brunette with a cold undertone:
- Brown in all its shades.
- Tones nude with pink pigment.
- Black and white.
See for yourself what are the colors of dresses for brunettes that best highlight your skin. Always remember to combine them with accessories that complement your look for any occasion.
We want to know your favorites! Tell us in the comment box what tones you choose for your dresses. Remember that you can share this article on your social networks, so that your brunette friends also receive the best tips for choosing their dresses.