The American Heart Association (AHA) launched in 2018 a campaign to encourage the population to lead a healthier life through 7 simple habits. You already know that food is one of them, but do you want to know the rest? Pay attention!
- Activate: in fact, it is enough to walk about 30 minutes five days a week. Not only exercise the body, but walking also helps reduce stress, fills us with energy and even influences our mood.
- Take care of your diet: try to avoid unhealthy fats, foods with a lot of cholesterol and excess sugar. Fruits and vegetables, whole foods, fish and lean meats are your allies. Make your diet as varied as possible!
- Control cholesterol: it is the best way to avoid cardiovascular diseases. Experts believe that our cholesterol level should not exceed 200 mg / dl. We remind you how to keep it at bay.
- Check your blood pressure: hypertension also causes problems in the heart and other vital organs. Taking a diet low in salt, avoiding overweight or controlling stress are factors to maintain good blood pressure.
- Maintain a balanced weight: obesity is related to high cholesterol or hypertension, and can cause other diseases. Our Body Mass Index should be between 18 and 25.
- Reduce blood sugar: that will keep us from suffering from diabetes. Reduce consumption of soft drinks and sweets and try to keep sugar levels below 100 mg / dl. It will help you to live longer and better.
- Stop smoking: tobacco can bring us closer to diseases such as cancer, heart attack or stroke. It is useless to try to lead a healthy lifestyle if we smoke. If you leave it, your lungs will notice it from the first moment.